Where this occasional contrarian, freethinker and all around opinionated sob rumbles on about just about everything under the sun from the movies to art, culture, literature, politics, science, history, blogging, the web, web design, maybe even friends and family and current affairs. (And then some) And if you flatter me a bit, I may even claim to have all the answers.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Daimler-Benz and McLaren meet Gotham City


2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
Ooooh boy !! What a sweet looking convertible somewhat reminiscent of MB's Silver Arrows racing cars of the Thirties. MB is planning to show it (off) next month at the Detroit Auto Show. There must still be a market for these toys in spite of the recession. 670 ponies under that sexy hood and 350 "klicks" an hour. Too bad they only plan to build 75 units units and they obviously won't hit the market in time for Christmas.

But I was thinking, maybe next Christmas, hmmm, if they haven't all been sold by then, maybe I should sit on Santa's lap and let him know. What if he tells me I have been a bad boy and only deserve coal; I'll let him in on a secret: This sexy racer's body is made from light weight carbon fibre. Hey Santa ! Carbon fibre = coal! coal = carbon fibre! Get it ??



No comments:

Post a Comment